This year Change 4 Children’s Foundation is joining Children’s Hospital Los Angeles “Make March Matter” campaign and encouraging children, families, schools and local businesses to join us in raising funds throughout the month of March by using our virtual and real change jars.
Make March Matter is an annual fundraising campaign that brings local businesses and the community together to raise awareness of children’s health. By joining this campaign we hope to further engage young philanthropists in having an active role in Make March Matter for the children and families served by CHLA.
- Founded in 1901, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is the first pediatric hospital in Southern California.
- Admits 14,600 inpatients per year
- Nearly 343,753 outpatient visits per year
- Nearly 72,000 Emergency Department visits per year
- 5,200 employees and approximately 650 medical staff at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Current hospital bed count: 495
- Marion and John E. Anderson Pavilion bed count: 317 (July 2011); 85 percent of which are private rooms
- 106 pediatric critical care beds (more than any other hospital in the western United States)